Chandler Public Library does not charge fines for overdue material. As a courtesy to other users, we do ask that you return material promptly.
Lost or damaged items will be assessed replacement fees. Items go into lost status automatically when they are 15 days overdue, after the last available renewal (four renewals or less if there is a waiting list).
You may continue to check out items if you have less than $10.00 in fees on your account. Accounts that have accrued or been billed fees totaling $10.00 or more will have their status listed as blocked and will not be able to borrow any items until they clear the account or bring the total fees below $10.00.
Accounts with materials overdue for 15 days or longer, and with a total replacement cost for the overdue materials greater than $25.00, may be submitted to a materials recovery service. A charge of $15.00 will be added to each account submitted to the recovery service.
Fees can be paid at the library with cash, check, or credit card. You may also pay online, opens a new window with a credit card.
Library Fee Schedule
Lost and Damaged Item Fees
- Barcode/Spine label/RFID tag removed: $1 per item
- Missing plastic book jacket: $5.00 per book jacket
- Missing or damaged CD/DVD case: $5.00 per case
- Audiobook case: $10 per case
- Audio/Video disc sleeve: $1 per sleeve
- Lost or damaged items (not mendable): Item cost plus $5.00 processing fee
Sorry, we are unable to accept a copy of an item that you purchase to replace one you lost.
Lost items that are paid for, then found and returned within 30 days of payment, can be refunded less the $5.00 processing fee.
- Returned check fee: $25.00
- Collection agency (materials recovery service): $15.00 per account
- Library card replacement fee: $2.00 per card
- Library card, non-Maricopa County residents: $40.00 per year per card
- Interlibrary loan: $6.00 per item borrowed
- Copies: $.10 per page
- Printing, black-and-white: $.10 per page
- Printing, color: $.25 per page
- 3D printer filament: $.10 per gram